Monday, February 18, 2008

Knitting is hard

I haven't done any knitting in a few years, so I'm quite out of practice. Especially when you consider what a noob I was when I was knitting.

So, after I finished crocheting the last two tentacles, I tried to knit the scallop scarf pattern that Mindi gave to me last Saturday.

This turned out to be an exercise in futility since I don't know how to cast on. I tried it a few times, but couldn't do whatever magic my mom uses to cast on. Then I watched some demonstrations on youtube.com and I managed to find a method that I could get to work for me.

However, once I had cast-on, I kept messing up the stitches and dropping them all over the place (even the standard knit and purl). I must have torn it out and cast it back on three or four times before my hands started to cramp and I gave up.

Aw, well. Hopefully I'll have time to call mom sometime this week and have her help me through casting-on. Sadly, I doubt I'll have time to work on it again before the weekend.

No comments: