Saturday, March 15, 2008

Update: not enough time to craft!

I have no time! :(

School is kicking my butt and I haven't had enough time to work on anything interesting.

I've been working on a bathmat. But I ran out of yarn last night. Hopefully I'll be able to find some of the same dye lot to finish it. I think I just need to make 2 more squares and sew it all together.

I found out my friend Nate and his wife are going to have a baby in October. So, I want to make them a baby-blanket for the stroller. I started it about half a dozen times and pulled it all out. The first time I had started with the wrong color yarn. Then I discovered that a size G hook didn't get me anywhere near gauge. I swatched about 4 times trying to get gauge. Finally, I started it again last night with a size-J hook and I am close to gauge. I'm a little off, but since it's a blanket, I'm not going to fret about it.

I've given up on the purple scarf for now. Every time I start it, the first few inches look great, then I get an extra stitch and can't get it back on the needles and looking right. Gonna wait until my stress level is lower. Maybe I'll work on it when Brian and I go to wine country (after finals in May).

No comments: